Thursday, March 12, 2009

St. Patrick's Day/ Spring Break

"The Minstrel Boy to the war is gone

In the ranks of death you will find him

His father's sword he hath girded on

And his wild harp slung behind him

Land of Song! said the warrior bard

Tho' all the world betrays thee

One sword, at least, thy rights shall guard

One faithful harp shall praise thee!

The Minstrel fell! But the foeman's chain

Could not bring that proud soul under

The harp he lov'd ne'er spoke again

For he tore its chords asunder

And said "No chains shall sully thee

Thou soul of love and brav'ry!

Thy songs were made for the pure and free,

They shall never sound in slavery!"


This is one of many songs that will be sung in the spirit of:

St. Patty's Day!!!

(For those of you who don't know...the national color of Ireland is actually BLUE)



Of course when this day arrives there will be plenty of
  • Partying,
  • Drinking,
  • Singing,
  • Dancing,
  • General merrymaking

Just as long as people stay safe and have fun......

ya...

That's all for my public safety announcement of the day

IN OTHER NEWS


I have Spring Break this week

Lots of people have been having breaks right around this time, and it's pretty exciting.

I myself am staying here at school for Spring Break.....

Don't feel bad for me...

I'm actually pretty pumped about it...



For those of you going to different countries over break....


LUUUCCCKKKYYYY!!!!!!

I'm Kidding...

But Really

I figured out that College Spring Break was actually way more of a big deal in High School than in actual College.


In High School people were like:

Oh My God! Spring Break once your in college is hundreds of naked women partying in Mexico. And your entire school is there on the beach. And everything is free. And you party like never before in your entire life.

In College people are ACTUALLY like:

Oh you're staying here at college? Ya, I'm going home for a week to hang with my parents and some of my High School friends. Mexico? Haha, maybe if I wanted to spend $2500...and nobody I know wants to come anyway.


So I hope you college kids are doing something fun or interesting!!

I hope you High School kids realize that you don't really have crazy stuff to look forward to!!

I hope you adults which you were back in college!!

And I hope you old people are not reading my blog!! (Just kidding, I love you all just the same)



HOMEWORK:
Keep Living The Dream...
Unless You Get To Go To Mexico...
Then Just Shut Your Face
.

Talk to Ya Later!

1 comments:

Elaine Washam: said...

Well, this made my day. I needed a laugh.