Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Some Catching Up to Do...

Hi Everyone!


So I've bet you've noticed that it's been quite a while sinced the last time I wrote anything.

It's not because I don't love you...our relationship is still something you should cherish.

All this does is teach us a very valuable lesson.......


College Kids Are Lazy

Some of you are probably going,


"No, you've gone too far...the children of todays generation are eager individuals who want nothing more than to apply themselves and propel towards the future!"
I'm not saying that it is False...I'm just saying it's not TRUE.


This is a veeeery important thing,
mainly for
parents



It's amazing how many moms and dads of college students sit by the silent telephone and picture their kids saying things like...

"MUAHAHA, I think today I won't call my parents..Let's see how they like THAT!!"

But this isn't the case at all.

What parents need to learn, is that when kids go off to college they suddenly develop what can best be described as a mild case of Alzheimers.

Except unlike the real disease, this one only partains to the word:

RESPONSIBILITY

You ask a college student what time Dominos stops delivering or what time the shuttle goes to Wal-Mart and you get an instant answer.

But even mention the words:

  • "Financial Aid",
  • "Mandatory Floor Meeting",
  • "Call Mom and Dad"

...and suddenly we're all experiencing momentary blackouts.



We're not out to get anybody...Just thinking for ourselves like the teenagers we are

So ya...I took some Bliss time

Saw the sunlight for a change

Got to know some people

Maybe made a few friends

Sang a few songs

Sacrificed a few middle-schoolers


That last part wasn't actually true, I was just seeing if you were paying attention

But I'm back!!!!


And a lot has happened since then...so I guess I'll get started!

0 comments: